Any list of exciting and cool cars would be incomplete without a few stunners… you know, those sleepers that nobody ever thinks of as cool, but there is some obscure variation that rocks.
So, I included the Dodge Dart.
How can the Dodge Dart be cool… my mom had one. Well… aside from some Dart Swingers with 340s, there some other Darts that were as cool as they came…
- The D-Dart built for NHRA D/Stock with a tweaked 273ci/275hp V8.
- The GT and GTS Darts with 340ci engines.
- The 1968 Hurst Hemi Darts… with a 426 Hemi… SERIOUS nastiness.
- The Grand Spalding (Dealer prepped) Darts with 440ci engines.
- And finally, the Dart Demon 340s.
There was also an A38 Police Package with a 360… And cop shocks, blah, blah, blah…
So, even the lowly and ignored Dart had some pretty cool variations. I would bet one of the ultra-rare Hemi Darts would buy a couple of nice houses.