101 Cars, Part 101… That Never Was…
Wow… the last part of this series… and I’m already thinking of new ones to do…
But let’s wrap this one up, first!
The final vehicle on the list was actually put on the list months ago. It is one of the ones I am MOST eager to drive… And I already own it, but haven’t ever driven it. I’ve driven most of the parts, but not the final product.
It is my 1971 Kaiser Jeepster Commando/1992 Jeep Wrangler/Ford F-350 beast 4wd truck. I am sad to report that it is STILL incomplete. But I’ll run down the parts it is getting… many of which are already in the garage…
- 1971 Kaiser Jeepster Commando body tub (basically, that is the body behind the front fenders)…
- 1992 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L HO engine
- 1992 Jeep Wrangler front clip (that would be the fenders and hood)
- 1 ton GM NV4500 transmission
- Ford Dana 60 1 ton axles (from an F-350)
- 5.38:1 gears with Eaton E-lockers
- Custom rectangular tube frame
- 1992 Jeep Wrangler interior (ok, much of it)
- Full custom roll cage
- Hummer 12 bolt military beadlock wheels with 38″ Super Swamper tires
- Coil-sprung 4-link suspension front and rear
Of course there are a lot of details to work out… and by the time it is done it will be like a brand new vehicle. And I’m really looking forward to driving it… sooner, rather than later.
I’d love to have videos, but since it is a collection of parts, video would be pretty hard to come by. The black Jeep above was out in Moab and a friend of mine shot the pictures, knowing that I have a similar idea in mind.
***update*** I never got to drive it. Life got in the way and the parts were sold off to fund hockey for one of the short guys, as well as other stuff… I never seemed to have the time to work on it anyway. But, there is a new (and I mean REALLY new) Jeep in the stable.